Bikeability for everyone (All-inclusive)
The modern-day form of cycling proficiency, is a national cycling scheme, comprising of 3 main levels, you will introduce and encourage the children to a healthy, environmentally friendly, fun mode of transport giving them transferrable skills and confidence, to cycle safely on the roads, and to encourage them to carry on cycling into adulthood.
Top 5 reasons for your child to do Bikeability Scotland cycle training:
- Fun! – the feedback we get is overwhelmingly positive, children really enjoy Bikeability
- Confidence – our survey found that 65% of children were more confident cycling and 82% of parents were more in favor of letting their children cycle after completing Bikeability Scotland training.
- Safety – children who have completed our on-road training. score much higher on hazard perception and appropriate response tests.
- Healthy habits – more children choose to cycle to school and prefer to cycle to local places. Also, 45% of pupils say they cycle more frequently after Bikeability Scotland training.
- LifeSkill – once you learn, you never forget how to ride a bike. It is a fantastic opportunity for your child to meet new friends at all stages of life.
The training is usually delivered in a school setting but can also be community delivered.
Level 1 – P5 Balance and control with fun bike games.
Level 2 – P6 / P7 Journeying safely on quiet roads.
Level 3 – P7 – S2, planning a journey and cycling more challenging routes.
If you would like your child to take part, please ask your school about Bikeability Scotland training. Alternatively, find out if your school offers our training by using the School Checker on our homepage.
Volunteers and staff who support the school and community with bikeability are rewarded with full support and free training, with fun and laughter along the way..
Information can be found on the links below.
Bikeability Co-Ordinator Shealagh Crabb email: Bikeability@fife.gov.uk